Pages

Monday, September 16, 2013

Row, row, row your boat

Ill keep this short and sweet. 

Yesterday I was at the store and they had amazing deals on zucchini. I snatched them up and was on my merry way. I saw this recipe for stuffed zucchini but it called for six, you hollowed them out and used the tips as caps while the rest was submerged in tomato sauce. 

It had Pinterest fail written all over it. 

So instead I made something easier, with less waste and more flavor. 


                  Here she is, in all of her glory

Here is what you'll need

2 zucchini
broccoli florets chopped finely
2 carrots chopped finely 
1 cup picante salsa, mild
Ritz crackers, crumbled

Salt, pepper
Garlic powder
fresh parsley (cilantro would be good, too!) 

** You can really add any mix of veggies you want. Next time I will add black or garbanzo beans **

Here is what you do

Preheat the oven to 450 degrees

Take out a baking pan and add foil to it
 
Sautee the carrots and broccoli for 5 mins or so. You are doing this so get them nice soft. Use the olive oil here

Crumble the Ritz crackers in a separate bow and sprinkle pepper, parsley and garlic powder over. Mix

Scoop out the zucchinis with a spoon but be careful not to take out too much flesh.You want it to hold form once in the oven

Take the carrot mix and add the cup of salsa and parsley. Mix well

Add the salsa mix to the zucchini boats. Crumble the Ritz mix in there, too

Drizzle some more olive oil on the top, put them in the oven and wait 25-30 min

When I only had four minutes remaining I added cheese to the ones I was going to eat. 

Let them cool and add a little extra salsa to the top! 

SO YUMMY!!
 


Here are the boats before they baked

No comments:

Post a Comment