Pages

Monday, September 9, 2013

A day in the life

Everyone always seems to be confused about what I do. 

Are you a stay at home mom? Do you work full or part time? What do you eat if you are vegetarian? What do you do ALL day???

Well here it is, in all of its glamour & luxury 

My boss wakes me up at 7am, sometimes earlier, rarely later. He is a very tough dictator I tell you. 

We play, he gives me kisses, yells at me, we read LOTS of books. 

8am: Breakfast 
We have the same thing almost every morning: eggs, veggie patties, fruit, coffee for me, almond milk for him. I pack the eggs full of either kale or spinach to boost our iron. Neither if us are anemic but it's smart to do since we are meat free. 
After we dine like royalty we play and I TRY to do some content writing. This is my second job ((  job #1 is mommy )). I look up trending articles on Yahoo and write small blurbs about them for a new website covering anything from social media to science and technology. Usually my little monster screams at me with the hope of smashing the keyboard so I tuck the laptop away and we run an errand, color pictures, go on a walk or visit the park. 

Between 10-11am: nap time 

Time to bust out the big guns. Nap time. 

It isn't the easiest I tasks getting this guy to sleep. He's very strong willed, his way or the high way. He will throw everything out of his crib, gnaw like an angry beaver on the nice wood bed I bought him, jump up and down crying. Then just as soon as I am ready to cry in the closet he happily passes out. This quiet time can last for 2-3 hours.

This is where my expert terrorist negotiating skills began 

While the prince sleeps I get my writing done. I clean up the apartment, start blogging, eat lunch, browse Pinterest, but mostly I work. If he gets up at 530am, I sleep. There is absolutely no way I can get through the busy day yawning and feeling lethargic. 

If momma ain't happy, ain't nobody happy. 

This is where I prep for lunch and dinner. 

12/12:30 
I feed the little terrorist lunch and we do whatever we need to do to get ready for my third job, nannying. I make and pack his dinner, entertain and get dressed. 

2:50pm: pick up kids from school 
Next on the agenda is nannying. I pick up two school age kids, take them to their house and supervise homework until their parents get home. Nolan usually has two to three nuclear meltdowns because he is tired, wants to swallow Legos, hit the dog, normal toddler problems. At some point I feed Nolan dinner. 

6pm: the wind down 
Wind down is bath, pajamas, teeth brushing, nursing and sleep by 645pm. You might think this is torture for my child, such an early bedtime, but it has to be this way. He wakes up so flipping early I can have him sleep any later. 

7pm
Now I eat dinner, continue cleaning, work and try to get a blog post up. I'd all of these things are successful I watch an episode of Mad Men, get ready to go to sleep & call it a day. 

So there you have it. This is my life! I hope you still want to be my friend.




No comments:

Post a Comment