Pages

Sunday, September 22, 2013

My not-so-shitty weekend


My weekend started off like shit. 

Friday morning I took my cat to the veterinarian thinking that he had eaten something bad only to find out he had a deadly virus (FIP) and had to be put down, immediately

I found Kizzy four years ago on the side of the road. I chased that little wild beast down for two hours before catching him. He was a very unique cat; he loved to chase birds, sleep on faces, eat wet food, kill bugs and was good at being bad-ass in general. It is very sad when animals are young and can't live the rest of their lives. 






I'm not sure what the afterlife is all about but if there is one, he is certainly eating all of the chicken feast in gravy. 

Anyway, back to what I thought was going to be a shitty weekend.

It wasn't.

We went to the zoo with my parents, sister and brother in law Saturday. 

I haven't seen my son as happy as he was at the zoo since he dunked his face in his first birthday cake. It was hot and I was still a little sad but it was worth it.

Then something amazing happened.

I woke up on Sunday and it was 80 degrees. We went on a walk this morning and I swear, I almost started crying it was so beautiful out. Come to find out, it was the first day of fall... go figure. Nolan and I went to the park and kicked the soccer ball around, we rolled in the grass, watched the clouds, I chased him away from on-coming traffic....

Future MLS star


I realized that despite how sad something can make you, the silver lining is right in front of your face. Whether it is a child who loves you no matter what each day, a beloved pet who despite your shitty day will curl up in your lap without asking questions, a freak turn of weather or a visit from your very best friend sharing a slice of eggplant pizza with you, it's always there.

Life has a funny way of making me smile. 

My baby and my best friend 
 
Eggplant pizza 
(( thanks for the recipe Samantha <3 ))

Here is what you need:
1 eggplant
Spaghetti sauce
Cheddar cheese (( or whatever cheese you want ))
Veggie cheese for Nolan (( soy based ))
Salt, pepper, garlic salt
Spinach (( or whatever veggies you want ))

Here is what you need to do: 
 
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees

Slice the eggplant in medium slices

Brush olive oil on the eggplant and sprinkle salt and pepper over the slices

Put the eggplant in the oven for 10 minutes, flipping half way through 

Take the slices out, add the sauce, cheese and vegetables

Put it back in the oven for another 10-15 minutes or until the cheese bubbles 

Too good to be true.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment