Pages

Friday, September 13, 2013

Little pizza for little fists



I love pizza, you probably love pizza, we all love pizza.

In my opinion, vegetarian pizza is the best. You have a colorful medley of vegetables smothered in delicious cheese and topped with as many delicious herbs as your little heart desires. There is less grease, less heart burn and more fun. 

A week or two ago I made these mini pizzas for my mini human since he has been on a carb only kick since his teeth have been deciding whether or not they want to join the rest of the gum party. What more could a kid ask for: cheese, bread, pizza sauce and stragecially placed vegetables. 

As I said before, I don't bake, so instead of being awesomely crunchy and making my own dough I opted for store bought whole wheat. 

I don't want to brag or anything but I am somewhat of a pizza expert. My first job was at a restaurant called Nick and Willy's which was a take and bake pizza shop. I was a 15 year old master chef. Ask anyone....

But I digress

What makes these pizzas special is their size. I used a mug to make little cut outs before baking, this helps exnay having to cut small pieces after it baked (( plus I don't have a pizza cutter )).

Ingredients & directions:



Pictured: Dough, veggies, cheese, herbs, olive oil, pizza sauce, garlic. Easy as pie... or pizza


If you are using store bought dough just follow the directions (heat, preperation, etc). It is key to leave it out at room temperature, so don't skip that part. Just don't do it.

Use something small for the circles. The dough will expand in the oven. Use the left overs for little dippers. I rolled the extra up into little balls and stuffed cheese and veggies inside. 


On the left is what the mini pizzas looked like before entering the inferno. The picture on the right is what they looked like after the inferno.

See? Pretty easy! And my guy loved them, I did too. You can do all kinds of variations which makes this fun for dinner parties. 

Enjoy!

So good, he passed out.



No comments:

Post a Comment