Pages

Monday, September 23, 2013

Breakfast of champions

Breakfast is by far my favorite meal of the day and contrary to popular belief if you are a vegetarian who eats eggs (( like me )) than your choices aren't limited. Even without eggs they aren't but this is a meal about eggs so forget that.

Nolan and I eat breakfast at 8am, everyday. I showed you in my post a day in the life what we generally eat every morning so today I decided to switch it up a little bit and make these delicious egg muffins that are a little ball of heaven. They're easy to make dairy free, which is a plus, will last well in the fridge (( or freezer )) for the week and pretty quick to prepare so I chugged my coffee and got down to business. 


What you need

**DISCLAIMER** I didn't use tomatoes but I think sliced cherry tomatoes would be divine in here -- so would zucchini

8 eggs - I did 6 whole and 2 whites
Frozen hash browns
1 tbsp olive oil
1 cup Spinach (raw)
4 cups Broccoli (slightly steamed)
Cheddar cheese ( Nolan had lactose free cheese )
Salt, pepper and garlic powder 
Cupcake tin


What you need to do

Preheat the oven to 350

Lightly spray cupcake tin with pam or rub or olive oil

Pack in frozen hashbrowns and sprinkle with salt and pepper

Steam broccoli and tear apart spinach (( like the kitchen savage that you are ))

Whisk eggs, egg whites, salt, pepper, olive oil, garlic salt and veggies in a separate bowl 

Add cheese on top of the frozen hashbrowns 

Spoon in egg and veggie mix -- don't fill all the way to the top, they will get too big and spill over

Put them in the oven and bake for 20-25 min. You can stick a fork in the biggest one to see if the inside is runny. Don't overcook, they come out so nice and fluffy!

I put a dollop of salsa over my finished product. You could do avocado, more cheese, sour cream, hot sauce or whatever weird craving you have to spice it up a little. 

Egg-celent!!!!!!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment