Pages

Thursday, September 5, 2013

Hippie in remission

The kids I babysit for has the day off school today for the Jewish holiday. Usually I only watch them from 3-6pm but today was an all day affair. They're older than Nolan by 10 & 9 years so finding an activity to do was going to be a challenge. 

Solution: cupcakes 

We swam, we played, we raged, we ate cupcakes,

...and we made them tie dyed 


Peace, love and sugar highs

There is something enchanting about these delicious desserts. Is it the sugar? Is it the butter? Is it the hypnotizing colors? I don't know but it takes me back to my days of tie dye everything, wild hair and my unruly free spirit. 

Those were some of the most reckless and yet some of the best days of my life. 

I still like to think I have some of that free spirit hippie living inside of me. I catch glimpses every now and then. But mostly I'm in remission, or have become some kind of socially responsible hybrid. At any rate, I like the memories but I like the new me more. 

To make these here is what you need :

Vanilla cake mix and all of the ingredients it calls for 
Gel dye 
Cup cake tin 

 Preheat the oven to 350
Mix cake batter according to box
Separate batter into six equal parts
Add dye (mixing colors for purple and orange)
Bake

Enjoy! 











No comments:

Post a Comment