Pages

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

My steamy love affair with coconut oil

As you are slowly finding out, I err on the side of crunchy parenting. I didn't necessarily plan it that way, I didn't have much of a plan at all, but I've always considered myself an eco-conscious lady and found it easy to live beside nature instead of treading against it. 

C'est la vie. 

When Nolan was born I immediately noticed that he had inherited my fair, sensitive skin among the mountain of other traits he inherited from me:

button nose, blue eyes, attached ear lobes, pure awesome-ness....

After the painful first weeks of breastfeeding passed (( that will be an interesting post )) I was walking the isles of Whole Foods with my Starbucks treat, giving other new mothers the silent nod of compassion, "this is our only chance at getting out of the house today, I feel you lady" when I met the most amazing woman. 

This amazing woman, whose name I have forgotten, mentioned her new love affair with coconut oil. 

This was the beginning of a beautiful new romance.

This stuff has cured Nolan's eczema, tamed wild diaper rash, smoothed rough skin, eliminated toublesome cradle cap, provided a safe alternative to nipple cream for sad boobies and even can be used in the kitchen for healthy cooking. 

There are SO many more uses for this stuff and while I'd love to sit and list all that I can, I don't get enough sleep and my son is getting bored and screaming at me because he wants to beat the laptop keyboard like the small neanderthal that he is. 

Here is an AWESOME extensive list from Wellness Mama: 101 uses for coconut oil . I hope you find it as informative as I have. 

Happy moisturizing peeps





No comments:

Post a Comment