Pages

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Do you know the muffin man?

Know what I love about fall??

Everything.

I love the way it smells, I love the way it feels, I love the way it looks...

Get the picture yet? 

Last week Nolan and I joined up forces with our Mommy and Munchkin group and made our way down to McDonald's pumpkin patch where we were able to pet some friendly goats, admire sweet little piglets and roll around in some grade A hay. I think the animals liked us most because they secretly know we don't eat them 

Are your ovaries melting yet?

So back to the point of this post. Muffins....pumpkin spice muffins.

And for the record, I don't follow the sheep flocking to Starbucks for their pumpkin spice latte, I prefer my coffee black, like my heart.

What you need

Muffin tin
  • 1 3/4 cups flour
  • 1 1/4 cups sugar
  • 1 tbsp baking powder
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/2 tsp nutmeg
  • 1/2 tsp ginger
  • 1/4 tsp allspice
  • 1 cup pumpkin puree (fresh or from a can)
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/2 cup almond milk
  • 1/2 cup vegetable oil
  • 8 tbsp coconut oil -- in semi solid form
  • 1/2 chopped pecans 

What you need to do

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees

Grease up the muffin tin

 Sift the dry ingredients together, throw in the pecans too

In a separate bowl whisk or mix "wet" ingredients together until fluffy and blended

Pour wet into dry and stir well

Pour the batter into the muffin tins 2/3 of the way

Stick 'em in the oven for 20-30 minutes but make sure you watch it starting at the 20 minute mark. No one likes dry muffins.... no one.





No comments:

Post a Comment