Pages

Sunday, October 20, 2013

Things you can learn from Albus Dumbledore

“Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, when one only remembers to turn on the light.” - Albus Dumbledore 

It shouldn't be hard to be happy but sometimes it is.

Someone asked me a while back, "when was the last time you were truly happy with every aspect of your life?" 

I couldn't give her an answer because I didn't know.

That isn't to say things don't make me happy; my family makes me happy, my friends make me happy, beautiful fall days make me happy, freshly baked cookies make me happy, the LA Lakers losing makes me ecstatic....

Happiness comes in waves, and it appears in moments. I don't think you're supposed to be happy with every aspect of your life, not if you have dreams and aspirations to do more and to be better. 

So do the things that make you happy and welcome the moments that make you sad. Be afraid for the future but appreciate your past, it got you to where you are today.

Bake cookies and heckle Lakers fans (( please?? for me??? )), hug your mom and take a walk with someone you love. Relish in happiness until you feel like your heart is going to explode! 

Speaking of exploding organs .....

My good friend and fellow crunchy mama took some maternity pictures of me April 2012. Two weeks or so ago we went to the same locations and she took more but this time with my chubby treasure at my side. I am so thankful for people like Nancy who are in my life capturing moments of happiness in tangible forms; photos, videos, etc.

I'll share them with you because I like you. 





Best friends until the end
 

No comments:

Post a Comment